Below is a list of possible places to look.
- Facebook is full of every interest and group you can image. Accounts are free to set up, then just type in the search bar your interest!
- Toastmasters is a brilliant way to meet people and learn communication skills
- Your local club or sports club
- Meet up is another brilliant website full of groups that meet and share a common interest and passion
- Penpalworld is another great website to connect with people across the globe.
- Take a course at a local Colleague, Tafe or University. Languages, cooking, car maintenance. There are literally thousands.
- Dancing classes, gyms, yoga and meditation groups
- Google something that interest you. For e.g. Bonsai Association, Remote Control Planes, Coin Collectors, Cake Decorating to find out where they meet.
Or simply reach out and connect with an old friend just to say hello.
The list is endless.
If your having a tough time and need specific assistance regarding health issues, disabilities, alcohol and need to connect with professionals and people going thorugh a similar experience - please check out my reference and resource page for some helpful links.
So I encourage
you to get out there, connect and feel the love that is available to us all.
Ps if you know someone you think may be feeling alone, I encourage you to reach out as well. It's a beautiful gift to know someone cared enough to reach out.