BLOG by Karen Offord
8th February 2015
One of the most important questions we can ask ourselves!
Ask yourself every single day.
Gain an attitude of gratitude. Create a beautiful, beneficial habit and watch how many more wonderful things appear that you can be grateful for and simply smile at.
Include the wonderful people in your life, the wonderful things around you that make your life easier and those little things that just put a smile on your face :)
Be sure to acknowledge and let the people you are grateful for know, and
you'll put a smile on their face too :)
Repetition creates habit. The greatest way to increase inner happiness (with the added benefit of greater health and well-being) is to be aware and regularly acknowledge all the people and things you are grateful for. The
more you acknowledge them - the more you will see - and the happier little Vegemite
you will be :)
Ok, for my overseas readers, there's a very common Aussie saying "A Happy little Vegemite". No doubt my Aussie readers will automatically think of the jingle written many moons ago, before I was even born but we all know it - "it puts a rose in every cheek :)"
So today I am grateful for:
- My wonderful partner and my kids. They make me laugh and smile. Thank you Greg, Luke & Sammy :)
- I'm grateful for my sister and my friends. Thank you Tiger, Britt & Nik :)
- I am grateful for this glorious day, the job I have and the work I do - and the car I have to get there.
- I am grateful for the wonderful home I have.
- I am grateful for the fabulous book I am reading (it's jamb packed with useful information), and for all the hundreds of other fabulous books waiting for me to read.
- I am grateful for my health, my energy, my passion and abilities.
- I am grateful for my wonderful business coach. Thank you Mahindra :)
- I am grateful for our wonderful morning coffee man! Thank you Spencer :)
- I am grateful for the beautiful butterfly and lady beetle that decided to rest on my arm this morning :)
It's easy to loose sight of all the wonderful people, moments and things in our lives and get stuck on all the things that may seem wrong, not done, problematic or difficult. Without meaning to we can spend our time focusing on everything that doesn't seem perfect and miss seeing the multitude of things that are already.
Be sure to give your kids
Please feel free to share your gratitudes. Go to the contact page, send your list and I'll happily upload them right here!
You can also upload a photo of one or your gratitudes or things that make you smile to "Share what makes you smile for a great cause" - your photo will raise $1 to the Magic Moments Foundation - Putting smiles on the faces of those in need